About Me
- WifeMotherGrandmotherofJoy
- I am just a woman who loves her life, her Jesus, and everything in nature.I believe in living one day at a time, and putting God first in everything. I have an amazing family who loves me, and I love them. God has blessed me beyond anything I could imagine, most of all with my Savior Jesus. God bless all who read.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Local School Puts On Production Of "Grease"
Last night I had the honor of going with one of my best friends, and the one person I have been friends with the longest in my life, Terrye and also her daughter Stacie to see Amanda, Terrye's granddaughter in this play. It was just wonderful! From the start to the finish I was thrilled to see the excitement in those kids faces as they performed for us. Something that really made me smile was to see the young men playing the parts in this musical were loving it. From the young man who played the part of Danny to the guy who played the school geek Eugene, they all were in character and enjoying themselves tremendously. I could really tell these kids had worked very hard. Each one of their faces showed they were into the show, you know really into entertaining us. I love the show Grease, and have seen the movie lots of times, plus saw a production of it put on my adults, but the kids from Clarkdale School made it come alive. Each one knew their dance steps, and they all were in perfect timing together. Another amazing thing to me was the way the guys just sang from their hearts. These were handsome young men, who you could tell were athletics. So many kids do not want to show that side of themselves to anyone, especially peers. I could see that this school has not only provided these kids with an education, but they are also providing them with the right kind of self-esteem. I would also say this comes from the parents too. It really did my heart good to see this. To see kids of today, the 20Th century, being kids. I wonder sometimes if this comes from living in small town Mississippi, or does this happen in small towns all across the United States? I remember being in a musical in high school myself, but I can not remember the name of it. I do remember the fun we had, and the joy it brought to all who saw it, just as last night did for me, and the others there. I would not want to live anywhere else, I do know that for sure. I feel living in small town Mississippi, and living in an area where there is a Church on every corner as the saying says, makes a big difference in people's lives. The smile on Amanda's face made my friend smile all over, and that in itself was a blessing to me. You could tell Amanda was having fun, and isn't that what kids are suppose to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment