About Me

My photo
I am just a woman who loves her life, her Jesus, and everything in nature.I believe in living one day at a time, and putting God first in everything. I have an amazing family who loves me, and I love them. God has blessed me beyond anything I could imagine, most of all with my Savior Jesus. God bless all who read.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Little Things!!! Bother You?

Do the little things that people do bother you? or have you learned to laugh at them? I read a devotional this morning about quirks. Do the people in your life have little quirks that identify them? I went into the bathroom this morning, and the water was running just a little. Over the years I have went in many mornings after David has gotten ready for work and found the water not quite turned off. I admit in years past I would get agitated from this, but now it makes me smile. It is part of who he is, and I love him. Just as when I go into the kitchen and all the cabinet doors are open, that is part of my David. I will admit that after our friend Rennie has picked at him about it for a while now, he closes more than he used to, but I have a good laugh now over things that used to make me angry. Why would I let having to simply close a cabinet door make me mad? I think so many times in life we look for the little things people do, or don't do that is different from ourselves. What if God did that? What if he looked at all the little things we do? I thank him that he loves me for who I am. I think I can love David through the little things if God can love me through mine, don't you? I do little things too that I know bugs David and other people in my life. I thank God they can see past them and love me for who I am. I hope all of you will look past the little things that your spouse, your friends, and all the other people in your life do. I hope you can look at them and laugh as I have learned to do, and I promise you I just named two of the little quirks David has. Laughter, and smiles can just make these things just disappear. Because isn't it the little things we love about them too, that makes them so special? Next time someone in your life does one of those little things that seem to always bother you, smile, and thank God they are part of your life.

No comments:

Followers