About Me
- WifeMotherGrandmotherofJoy
- I am just a woman who loves her life, her Jesus, and everything in nature.I believe in living one day at a time, and putting God first in everything. I have an amazing family who loves me, and I love them. God has blessed me beyond anything I could imagine, most of all with my Savior Jesus. God bless all who read.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Getting What I Wanted!!!
I wanted to tell you the story of me getting a bench I wanted from K-mart one time. I had gone in to look at the garden things, the line from Martha Stewart. There was the cutest garden bench in the store. I knew I wanted it, and it was $120.00. I found a saleslady and ask her to help me get the bench. She left for a few minutes, came back and said we do not have any. So naturally I ask her when they would get some in. She left again, came back, and said we are not getting any, and this is the only one we have received, and it is a floor model so we can not sale you this one. I stood there for a few minutes thinking why would you have a floor model of something you are not going to have in the store, and not sale the one you have? I ask the lady again about buying the one on display, repeating what she had said to me about not getting any, but she just refused to sell it to me. There are not many things that I find that I want, but I think because this was such a mixed up case, I was determined to get his garden bench. I left the store frustrated, and on the way home began to think about how this made no sense to me. When I got home I decided to contact the cooperate office in Minnesota. I called them explained the situation, and that the people refused to sell me something that they never plan to get, so I could not get a rain check, and also that they would not sell me the floor model. They agreed with me that this was ridiculous and said they would call the store. I called the local store a little later and the main office had called them and told them to sell me the floor model with a $10.00 discount. This did not make the saleslady happy with me, but I hope they see the reason I did this. Sure it was something I really wanted, but most of all it was the principle of advertising with a floor model something that the store never intended to have in the first place. I am sure I was not the only person who went into this store wanting to buy this garden bench. I was though the only person who was determined to buy it. I am not sure if management, or the sales people in that department made the mistake of placing this bench for advertisement on the floor, but I say if they have it in the store, they should sell it. When I look back at this, I laugh at myself for being so persistent, but I still enjoy that bench when I go out to my front porch and sit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment