About Me

My photo
I am just a woman who loves her life, her Jesus, and everything in nature.I believe in living one day at a time, and putting God first in everything. I have an amazing family who loves me, and I love them. God has blessed me beyond anything I could imagine, most of all with my Savior Jesus. God bless all who read.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Life Is Good!

I am sitting here this morning taking in a lot of thoughts running through my mind. Some are heart wrenching, some are hurtful, some are sad, but when I slow all of that down, all my thoughts turn to good things. As a Mother when things are not quite right in your children's life you feel it, you feel it really deep in your heart. My youngest son is going through a tough time right now. He loves his little girl so much, and I am so very proud of the Daddy he is to her. I could sit here and tell you all the wonderful things he does with her, and for her, but to me the one that stands out is the hugs and smiles he gives her, and the ones she gives him in return. He takes her to Church to learn about God, and at night she already ask him to read the Bible to her. That is a blessing. You know divorce is a horrible thing, it is hurting my son so much, and that hurts me. In spite of this he tells me my faith is strong in my Lord Jesus, and I know that all things work together for the good for those who love the Lord, he tells us in his word. When I have my Grand-daughters here with me, how can life not be good? The youngest, Aubrie, will be 2 in a few days. We are planning a Curious George party, as she loves him. She has really amazed us with her talking. She has been talking none stop for months, and I mean sentences, and remembers everything you tell her. Maggie, the 6 year old, well where do I start. Laughing here!! She is a non-stop ball of energy, who smiles all the time. Her little freckles just shine, and you never know what she is going to say. She told me one night that her Papaw was getting on her nerves! She can make the saddest person in the world smile. Keely, our oldest, and to be honest our angel, has some health issues and that does make me sad. She has RA, and is only 12 years old. She has had to be the bravest little girl. She was a premie when she was born, and I spent a lot of time in the hospital rocking her until she was able to come home. I admit I have a very special bond with Keely. She is growing into a very sweet young lady, kinda quiet now, but I think that comes with her age. When she smiles, wow, the room lights up. She tugs at your heart all the time. You know things can happen in this world that can bring you down, but I have something inside that brings me back up every time. That is a renewing of the Spirit of Christ. In the mist of all these storms, I have a peace, and a joy, that makes life so good for me. How could a person stay down with 3 wonderful little girls loving them? How could a person stay down with the amazing love of God living inside them, and carrying them through? Life is good, it is a journey to the end, and as a born again Christian that end is the beginning of real life. One day when it is my time to go, or when the Lord comes back to earth, I will be with my Lord and Savior for eternal life. Did you read that? ETERNAL LIFE!! The Bible doesn't say eternal death, it says life. I am so blessed, and I realize that each day on this earth things can happen to bring me down, but I stand on the truth, and the truth is that with faith in God there is no way to stay down. Get in the word, read your Bible, so many times in my life I have started a daily time with God, and then got lazy, or allowed something to take that time away from me. I, with God's strength will not stop reading his word. It is so filled with exciting stories, and advice to get through each day. I wish for anyone reading this to just do it! Just spend time with God's word, and in prayer talking to the best friend you will ever have. Ok, I hope I have told you what makes life so good for me. First of all it is the amazing love of God, and second it is the amazing family he has given me. The wonderful thing about my good life, is that you can have it too. All you need to do is trust in Jesus, read the Bible, spend time with him in prayer, and appreciate the family he has given you. This is my prayer today for all who read.

No comments:

Followers