About Me
- WifeMotherGrandmotherofJoy
- I am just a woman who loves her life, her Jesus, and everything in nature.I believe in living one day at a time, and putting God first in everything. I have an amazing family who loves me, and I love them. God has blessed me beyond anything I could imagine, most of all with my Savior Jesus. God bless all who read.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(36)
-
▼
November
(21)
- Adventures In Babysitting!!!!
- Missing My Mommy And Daddy!
- Spending A Day Alone!
- This Cold!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
- Funny Dog Story!
- Its Cold In Mississippi!!!
- Thanksgiving Time Again!!
- How Things Can Change Overnight!
- What A Great Day!!
- God Is All You Need (copied) wanted to share this ...
- God's Timing!
- He Is Gone Now!!
- Ok, Who Gave Me This Cold???
- What A Day!!!
- He Is Showing Me Again!!
- Making The Same Mistake Over, and Over!!
- Children of the World!
- Second Day of Conference!
- EXTRAORDINARY WOMEN!!
- Taking Life One Day At A Time!
- Looking Forward to the Rest of the Year!
-
▼
November
(21)
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
What A Great Day!!
My day started out very early this morning by picking up Aubrie at 7:30 and heading to the Cracker Barrel for our weekly breakfast outing. She loves to rock in the chairs even though today it was too cold for that. We just said hi to the rocking chairs, which made me laugh and headed off to the grocery store. There she made friends with everyone she meet, as she does every where we go. We went to Winn Dixie to get some pound cakes for the benefit they were having for the little girl here in Enterprise who has leukemia. We dropped them off at the Bridge Street Grill and visiting Chere where she is working, at the Hairport. I am very proud of her, she loves being a hair dresser and is doing a wonderful job. Everyone is working hard there to do Candace's clients. She is the Mother of Macie the little girl who is sick. I am truly impressed with our little community because they came together and have raised over $10,000.o0 for her. God is so good, and with all the prayers for Macie I know she will be fine. It breaks my heart to know this little girl will have to go through all of this, she is only 5 years old, but God will take care of her. After leaving the Hairport we headed to the elementary school for Maggie's program for Grandparents day. They were so cute singing so many Thanksgiving songs. We all went and had lunch with the kids together, which Aubrie loves to go to school with Maggie. I took Maggie and Riley, her little cousin who calls me Mamaw Jeffery, and headed to the Dollar General for our annual fun time of buying a few toys for their treat. They are so adorable running around looking for things. After that we came home where they spent some time opening their things, and playing. We got Aubrie down for a little nap, and when we got her up we headed to the Citizens National Bank where Toby works for the ceremony starting the Christmas season and the Salvation Angel tree. The program was very good, with children singing Christmas caroles, and verses being read from the Bible. This year there are 1300 families who have qualified for help. My Grandchildren and I are going to choose our Angel from the tree next week. I want them to understand there are children who do not have the Christmas they do. We who have so much take it all for granted, our meals, a warm house to sleep in, warm clothes to wear, and even the hugs we get from family. I want us to realize how blessed we are, and pray for these families along with helping some child have a better Christmas. You know this day was very busy, but rewarding. No one can take away my memories of this day. No one can take away the joy I felt when my little 21 month old Aubrie told the people at the Cracker Barrel about baby Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. No one can take away how proud I was of Maggie singing her little heart out for me today. I missed Keely, my oldest today, she did not get to spend time with me today. I am hoping to have some time with her this weekend or first of the week. She just turned 12 and has Rheumatoid Arthritis. She has been such a brave girl, and my heart is broken for her, but you know I have faith in my Jesus, he has told me to totally trust him in everything, and I love the peace I feel from trusting him completely. I hope I do not ever allow the devil to steal my joy and peace again, even though he is constantly trying. I am resisting him,only through strength which comes from my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I thank him for that strength, and praise him for being the Alpha, and the Omega, the beginning and the end. He is love, that is the best way to even think about my Jesus. I pray all who read knows this peace, and the LOVE of Jesus!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment