About Me

My photo
I am just a woman who loves her life, her Jesus, and everything in nature.I believe in living one day at a time, and putting God first in everything. I have an amazing family who loves me, and I love them. God has blessed me beyond anything I could imagine, most of all with my Savior Jesus. God bless all who read.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thoughts!!!

I was sitting here thinking about what brings people to mind. It is strange to me, but every time I go to my kitchen sink and look out the window at the woods, my Daddy comes to mind. I miss Daddy, I miss him terribly. I know we can not go back and spend more time with them, and we should never have regrets, and for the most part I don't. I would like for one more time to sit down and talk with Daddy and really listen. I know Daddy told me the answers to the questions I have about family, and WWII, which Daddy was a proud Marine, but I have forgotten, or as I said I didn't listen well enough. My Daddy had the answers to everything I needed to know! Daddy liked where we built our house, and I know if his health had been better he would have spent more time out here sitting and looking at those woods out my kitchen window. He had always wanted to live out in the woods again, as he did when he was a little boy. I ask God to hug Daddy for me today. I think of Mommy at crazy times it seems. Mommy has been so long, for over 20 years. OK, tears are coming to my eyes. As much as I miss Daddy he got to know all of his Great-grandchildren except Aubrie. Mommy never saw my boys grow up, never knew any of the girls. Toby was in the second grade when she went to be with the Lord. I am blessed to have had the parents I had. They were very loving, and Christians. I feel alone a lot, and have throughout the past few years. I know I am not, and how blessed I am to have my wonderful family. God blessed me with more than I could ever have dreamed of, or deserved, but what I am saying is, I wish I had my Mom to go shopping with, to cook with, and to just spend time with. I have no sisters, or even cousins that I am close to. My Aunt, Mom's sister lives a good way from me, well the one I am close to. Neither of her sisters are able to get out anymore and do things with me. The person I was closest to for many, many years decided one day not to be my friend anymore, but you know she has a daughter, and her Mom, which I try not to be jealous of, but I guess I am. My best friend in the whole world lives 10 hrs from me, and when we are together it is just wonderful, but its hard when you only see her once a year, or twice. I know I am never alone, Jesus is always with me, but if you have someone to do things with, your Mom, your Dad, do not ignore them. Spend time with them. Thank God that you have them each morning you wake up. Hug them real tight, and listen to them, you will wish you could ask one more question someday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Someone once told me that anytime something reminded me of Dad, or anyone else that had passed into Heaven, that it was them saying hello. That it was their little angel way of letting me know they were with me and watching over me.

WifeMotherGrandmotherofJoy said...

Thanks for telling me that Tara, I think your right!

Followers