About Me

My photo
I am just a woman who loves her life, her Jesus, and everything in nature.I believe in living one day at a time, and putting God first in everything. I have an amazing family who loves me, and I love them. God has blessed me beyond anything I could imagine, most of all with my Savior Jesus. God bless all who read.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Smiling!!!

I am the most happiest woman in the world!! I got 2 of my grand-daughters here with me for supper tonight. After everything that had happened this past week, I wanted to cry when I saw them eating like little pigs. They love Ma maw's home cooking, and I love to cook for my family when they enjoy it so much. Yes, I know I have complained about having to cook some days, but when I feel good, I do love to do it, and thank God I feel real good this evening. I guess I am like all people when you feel good, life looks a lot better. Today when I woke up, I thought about this day, and how to remember the men and women who have so unselfishly died for our freedom. I thought of the pride my Daddy had for serving in the Marines during WWII. I thought how my Mommy said when my brother returned from Vietnam, she told us to stand behind the rope, but the minute she saw him she jumped the rope and ran into his arms. War is something I do not like, but I do understand that we have to fight battles at times, just as they did in the Bible. I am just so thankful to God for everyday that he gives me with my beautiful family, in this amazing world, and here I am talking about the beauty of nature, and the love he gives me keeps me going. I sit here in the comfort of my special home, listening to my son playing with his little girl in the background, watching the hummingbirds coming and going from the feeder on my front porch, and watching my husband come home after walking his dog. I will take any of this for granted. Thank you God for this, thank you Veterans for this, and thank you my family for your love. God please forgive us as a nation for not looking to you, and Lord lead us back to the cross!

No comments:

Followers