About Me
- WifeMotherGrandmotherofJoy
- I am just a woman who loves her life, her Jesus, and everything in nature.I believe in living one day at a time, and putting God first in everything. I have an amazing family who loves me, and I love them. God has blessed me beyond anything I could imagine, most of all with my Savior Jesus. God bless all who read.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
My Time Away With My True Friend
I could fly somewhere everyday! Nothing to me is as peaceful as soaring above the clouds, looking down at trees that look like I could use for toothpicks. I love to look to see if I can figure out what each piece of land is, that looks like pieces to a big quilt. My favorite is when we were flying back, and we were above the white, cotton, puffy looking clouds. I wanted to open up the window and just sit out there looking at the blue sky above me, and all the white surrounding me. At a distance it looked like a pure white sand, and a blue lake going on forever. How can anyone not believe in our creator, God? That was my flying, and now about the time with my friend Cheryl. When God brought her into my life by way of our children years and years ago, I would never have dreamed that we would have grown closer, like sisters actually. If I never have but one true friend in my life, I am so thankful for it to have been Cheryl. She is so honest with me about everything, which we laughed thinking about the looks we have given each other on the phone. When you are told your mistakes with love, it is a good thing. You know I am thinking about how God corrects us with love, wow, that is a good thought. Our Heavenly Father does correct us in love, I am so glad he does. Cheryl and I spent lots of time going from room to room, both of us saying what we think she needs to do to get her house ready for the market. After we agreed, and didn't agree on things we went out and shopped, which we do best. Laughing here!! I think her David and my David sat and worried over what we were buying. Poor guys!! We also spent some time talking about our Lord, and how good he is to us. We shared quiet time to read, and to pray. We ate good Texas food, and then she made me her wonderful meatloaf. My family missed me, which made me feel really good, but to be honest I could have stayed there laughing, and talking to my friend for another week. I did come home wanting to be all I need to be for my family, take care of their needs, and allow God to lead me to keep a positive attitude even in the troubles of this world. When I feel alone I can talk to my God, and when I need to talk to someone else, she is there for me, and I know will always be. Again I want to thank God for our friendship, it is good even though we live miles apart. Don't forget to hug the friend you know you can always count on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment