About Me

My photo
I am just a woman who loves her life, her Jesus, and everything in nature.I believe in living one day at a time, and putting God first in everything. I have an amazing family who loves me, and I love them. God has blessed me beyond anything I could imagine, most of all with my Savior Jesus. God bless all who read.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New Beginning For Any Marriage

We watched the movie Fireproof Sunday afternoon. A lot of people we know had already watched it, including several family members. My best friend in Texas told me her youngest son said well, Kirk Cameron did a good job of playing me in this movie. I wonder how many men and women across the United States who have seen this movie said the same thing about this husband and wife in the movie? He works as a fireman and saves all his money for a huge boat he wants. She has a new job in a hospital where a Doctor is giving her the attention she badly needs that her husband seems to never have time to give. I do not want to tell you the entire movie, but I do want to say they pass a lot of cruel words between each other. The book, Love Dare that is mentioned in the movie is available at Wal-Mart, and other places where books are sold. We have it and I am doing it first. We were going to do this together but decided to watch each other as I began it 2 days ago, and when I finish he will read it and take the dares given for each day. The first day is about patience. Love is shown in many ways, but our words seem to make the most difference. How we say them, and what we say. The Bible says in, James 1:19, Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger. Gods love is perfect for us, what better way to learn how to love each other than from the Master of Love, God himself. His instructions are clearly given to us in his word, the Bible. I could write out these verses, but I hope I can inspire you to get your Bible and look them up. Let me give you 3 for now: 1 Thessalonians 5:15,Proverbs 5:18,and Ephesians 4:2. The Bible tells us the words that come from us often reflect what is in our heart. Wow! That can be scary, right? The first day's dare was to say nothing negative to my spouse at all. It is better to hold my tongue than say something I will regret. That one I had no problem with, as for the most part we do not argue a lot, which I thank God for this blessing. I want to tell you more about my dare for today, but I do not want to get in a hurry. If any of you are going to follow me in this during the next 40 days, let me know, and I will add more about what the book says. David and I have been together so long that we have begun to take things for granted. I am so excited about what day 2 is teaching me that I want to tell, but I will save it for tomorrow. Just know kindness is next, and do I ever need to work on that. I can remember things I did for David in the first few years of marriage that I just seem to have stop doing. I thank God right now for convicting me of ways I do not show kindness to David and others. I hope some of you will take this journey with me, or go out and get the book. It does not matter how long you have been married there is always time and room in your marriage to let God lead you, and help us be better spouses. God bless each reader, and pray about doing this with me, or on your own.

No comments:

Followers