About Me
- WifeMotherGrandmotherofJoy
- I am just a woman who loves her life, her Jesus, and everything in nature.I believe in living one day at a time, and putting God first in everything. I have an amazing family who loves me, and I love them. God has blessed me beyond anything I could imagine, most of all with my Savior Jesus. God bless all who read.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
I could not sleep this morning.I know this has happened to me lots in my adult life. Dr. Charles Stanley wrote a book about "Finding Peace". I opened it up this morning and the words just slapped me in the face. Is this me? A self-centered person is a person who thinks, my needs, my wants, and my ideas must be met, enacted, and fulfilled. Such a person tends to talk nonstop about themselves. Am I insensitive to others, and a manipulator of people and situations? I have felt very much alone since a good friend of mine, or I thought she was stopped having anything to do with me over a year ago. Did I drive her away from my selfishness? My heart is heavy, Lord I want to serve you, and be generous in giving my time to others. I know life is not all about me, it is about what I can do for others, it is about what pleases Christ. Are you speaking to me this morning Lord? How, and where do I begin to give more of myself to further your work Lord Jesus? I want to do what Jesus would do, I search for ways oh Lord to fulfill this in my life. God send me your word, show me where to work for you. Show me where I can give to others, not only spiritually, but emotionally, and materially. I sit and study your word Lord, but I am not putting into practice what you are teaching me. I ask you to show me what to do. I want to please you Lord, and God help me to find ways to do that for others, not for my self satisfaction. Thank you Lord for waking me this morning, and laying this on my heart. Guide me God, to work for others, not for myself. This is my prayer this morning Lord. May the work I do today be pleasing to you, and helpful to others. Amen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think your being a little, or a lot, hard on yourself Miss Jeffrey. Everyone HAS to stop and think of themselves sometimes but a self centered person is one who ONLY thinks that way.
You are always putting your family, your children and your friends first. Look at your last blog about praying for your friend. How often do you ask me if I am doing ok because of something I've written.
We all have selfish moments occasionally - your far from a self centered person. In fact your one of the lease selfish people I know.
Post a Comment